Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Favorite Mistake

Selena Huitron
October 17, 2013
Block 3

My Favorite Mistake

It all started two summers ago…
My parents and I had gotten invited to a quince. My parents knew the girl’s parents and I sort of knew the girl. They asked me if I wanted to go. So I thought, “sure, why not? I’m probably just gonna spend this Saturday night doing nothing in my room anyways.” Which was exactly the opposite of what happened.
I got ready and got in the car. The hall the quince was at was only around the corner from where I live. So it practically took us a minute to get there, if not less. When we got inside, I saw girls in dresses and guys in button ups and ties. We went and found a table and sat down. I had a feeling I was going to be bored the whole night there, just sitting at the table, drinking bubbly soda and listening to Spanish music that was going to be leaving my ears ringing in the night. So, I decided to text my friend Jenny, if she wanted to come. I texted her and she replied right away and said “yes. I’ll be there in a little. :)”
After about an hour, she showed up. We were just sitting at a table, EXTREMELY bored. We kept giving each other looks, knowing the night was going to be a fail.
Then, out of no where, our two guy friends, Dominic and Albert, came up to us. My palms got sweaty and I felt my face turn into a tomato. I always get nervous around guys.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” they said.
“Nothing really, just really bored.” we replied.
“What are you doing tonight?” they asked.
“Don’t know, parents are out of town.” Jenny had said.
They looked at each other and right away, I knew they were up to something.
Her parents had left to LA for the weekend. Of course, dumb kids that we were, we had ideas pop into our heads. At the end, we decided, “hey, let’s just throw a party!” It was a good idea at the moment, but ended up being nothing but regret at the end.
My parents left sort of early, so I stayed with Jenny. The music got better, we started dancing, and more people came. We were already inviting people to the party.
Around 11 o'clock, we decided to head home. We walked home, but to this day, my parents still don’t know that. When we got to our neighborhood, I went to my house to get a change of clothes. We got to her house and began getting ready, the room filled with clouds of hairspray. We walked downstairs and went on her laptop, waiting for people to get back to us. I didn’t think that people were actually going to show up, so, I posted it on Facebook. I guess I had forgotten about some of the friends I had on there…
People messaged me, and people began showing up after a while. It was around 2 A.M. when the party actually started. Around 20 people came and most of them had brought alcohol. We had music playing and they began playing beer pong. I was talking to people and having a good time, thinking nothing could go wrong.
The party lasted all night. Everyone left at 7 A.M. The house was a disaster, and I was half asleep. We had to clean though, because the house reeked of nothing but beer. We cleaned for about an hour, half asleep.
We made sure that the house was spotless. We went upstairs and fell asleep in the quickness. I slept for about an hour and got woken up by my phone ringing. I didn’t get it in time, and when I looked at my phone I had 9 missed calls. I looked at the caller ID and it said “Mom”. I knew right away that I was in for it. I didn’t wanna call back because I knew that she somehow found out something and she was probably going to blow my eardrums over the phone. But, when I called back, she was talking very calm.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Where are you?”
“Jenny’s house, why?”
“I’m outside in the car, come on.” *click*
I knew something was up because i live right around the corner from Jenny. I went outside and saw her there waiting for me. I got in the car and she was just looking at the road.
“So, what did you do last night?” she finally said.
“Nothing. Just watched movies all night.” i lied. I knew I couldn’t tell her the truth.
I got home and went to put my stuff on my room. I overheard my dad say something to my mom. The called me out into the living room. when I went, I saw the sitting there, waiting for me. I didn’t even want to know what they knew.
They finally got the truth out of me, and I told them where I really was. They found out because one of my friends on Facebook had told their mom, and their mom told my mom. I got grounded for a while, and to this day, I still can’t sleep over at Jenny’s house.
I don’t exactly regret what I did, because it gave me nothing but fun memories. But, I learned to be smarter with my actions and be careful what you post online. Because you never know who will see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment